Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fluffer Nutter French Toast

I am typically a savory type of gal for breakfast.  I enjoy omelets, breakfast burritos, eggs Benedict...you get the point.  For some reason I got the idea to make fluffer-nutter french toast and I couldn't get it out of my mind!  I offered to make it for Mike, but he declined last Thursday and said he just wanted eggs.  So, this Thursday was my day off and I took full advantage of trying to make this treat for myself.  I am SO glad I did!  It is so delicious!  Yummmm....melty peanut butter...

What You Need:
  • Bread
  • Peanut Butter
  • Fluff
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 2 tbs Milk
  • Cinnamon (Optional)
  • Syrup (Optional)


Start by beating the egg, milk and vanilla together.  This will be enough for two sandwiches, adjust for more if needed.


Beat the snot out of it until everything is mixed together.  A good trick is to stab the egg yolk a few times before you start whisking.


Once everything is blended, set a side and move onto making the sandwich.


You can use whatever type of bread you would like, we had wheat, so I used wheat!  Start by spreading peanut butter onto both pieces of bread.  This will prevent the fluff from soaking into the bread. 

I am a peanut butter fanatic, so I used a good amount.


Then, glob on the fluff.  I used a good amount of fluff, too.  Make it how you like your fluffer-nutter sandwiches.  Apparently, I like a lot of everything!


Spray a frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.


While the pan heats up, dip your sandwich into the egg mixture. 

Flip and dip the other side too.  Make sure to get every inch covered in the egg goo!  I wiped off any large globs.


Place your masterpiece into the heated pan and cook for about 3 minutes or until browned. 


Before I flipped it, I added a sprinkle of cinnamon to the uncooked egg side.


I wanted the taste to still be like french toast and I think the cinnamon is what does that!


Flip and cook for 2-3 more minutes.


The top is nice and golden and the fluff is getting all melty and peaking through the cracks...YUM!


When browned on both sides, take out of the frying pan and plate it up!


The peanut butter and the fluff just ooz out!


I added some maple syrup.  I know it seems like a lot of sweet, but I am a sweet-a-holic!  I didn't add butter, but I know a lot of people do when the eat french toast.  Do whatever you like!


Now...DIG IN!


You can see how it all swirled together!  It was toasty, warm, sweet and a perfect way to start my day off!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment