Sunday, July 22, 2012

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

My sister-in-law Abby introduced me to a new blog a few months back and I fell in love with it!  This is the first time I have tried to make anything from detoxinista and I'll tell ya right now, it won't be the last.  It is a health blog that puts focus on being healthy while enjoying all the goodies of life!  On my day off, I got attacked by the sweet tooth monster and I had to put him at ease, so I turned to her flourless peanut butter cookies for a less-quilt option. 

What you need:
  •  1 c. peanut butter
  • 1/3 c. honey
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 egg
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 c. chocolate chips


Mix together the peanut butter, honey, egg, salt and baking soda.



Mix until well combined.  At first, it'll look like a hot mess, but in no time, it'll come together!


Then mix in the oh so yummy chocolate chips!


I used a tablespoon and scooped the batter into 12 very generous blobs onto a Silpat lined cookie sheet (you can use parchment too).  I tried to keep them somewhat structured. 


Put the cookie sheet into your pre-heated 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes and wait for the glorious smell that will fill your kitchen (and torture your pooch)!


When the cookies are lightly brown, pull out of the oven and let rest on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes.  I left them there until they cooled almost completely.


Well...almost completely...I couldn't wait, they smelled so good...


These cookies are soft and chewy.  They are the perfect snack for satifying both your sweet and salty cravings.  The best part is that they are natural, you don't have to feel guilty eating them.  Also, they are Mike approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment