Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Garlic and Cheese Tilapia

I have never tried cooking tilapia before but Mike and I had a coupon for the seafood department at Wegman's and decided to try to cook something besides salmon.  I am so glad that we did!  This recipe turned out really well and was super simple. 

What you need:
  • 2 tilapia fillets
  • 2 tbs margarine or butter
  • 1 tsp garlic
  • 2 tbs parmasean
  • gruyere cheese
  • lemon (optional)
  • salt and pepper 

Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.  While the oven heats, place tilapia fillets on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.  Salt and pepper both sides.


Cook for 10-12 minutes.  While the fish cooks, mix garlic, parm and butter and set aside until fish is done.  When the fish is done, flip very gently; the fish will break easily.  Spread 1/4 of the mixture on each fish fillet and top with gruyere cheese.  Place back in the oven for an additional 10-12 minutes.


When the cheese is completely melted and slightly brown, top with the remaining parm mixture.  I also squeezed a little bit of lemon on each fillet.


I served it with a side of roasted asparagus and it was absolutely delicious!


Mike and I were big fans of the garlic and cheese combo on the tilapia.  It was a great first attempt at making tilapia and I am definitely going to try to make it again.  The best thing about tilapia is that it is typically on sale or if not on sale, it is pretty cheap.  I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment