Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Coffee

Being a coffee addict, this little blip made me really happy!  I typically drink a cup of coffee before going to the gym, I'm just glad that different studies back me up now! 
Coffee

Coffee
If you’re a java junkie we have happy news for you. Downing 12 ounces of coffee an hour before you hit the gym or track can help you workout longer and boost your endurance. It can also ease exercise-related aches and pains. A 2009 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign study found that men who received a jolt of caffeine an hour before bicycling intensely reported less muscle pain during their workout than a similar group of cyclists who went caffeine free. Worried that cup of Joe will dehydrate you? Don’t be. The American College of Sports Medicine states that caffeine isn’t an issue when it comes to hydration.


I typically drink instant coffee before the gym because it is so easy for me to do quickly and stay in my department. Instant coffee has become somewhat of a new fad with Starbucks putting out their individual serving packs.  I get the Taster's Choice sticks.  They are significantly less expensive then the Starbuck's brand and they come in a bunch of different flavors.  They are extremely portable and they couldn't be simpler to prepare.  You mix the coffee with 6 oz of hot water and what ever fixings you typically like with your coffee.  So, even at the end of a busy day at work, I can still sneak in a quick cup of Joe before the gym. 
If you like bold coffee, Colombian would probably be the best.  I like the vanilla flavor though, it is really sweet.  Mike thinks that the vanilla has a very artificial taste to it.  I didn't care for the Original, it was too weak for my taste buds.  It is all a taste preference if you want to give these little guys a try.  It isn't the best cup of coffee in the world but, it gives a nice boost! 




No comments:

Post a Comment