Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hummus Pizza

My girlfriend, Heidi, from high school was coming over for a little happy hour at our house and I couldn't wait!  It has been awhile since we caught up and I couldn't wait to hear about what was going on in her life and about her ADORABLE little girls!  It being hot out, I wanted to make appetizers that were fresh and easy.  I bought some shrimp, made guacamole and the recipe in this post...hummus pizza.  It is super simple and really tasty!

What you need:
  • 1 pizza crust
  • 8 oz hummus
  • cucumber
  • cherry tomatoes
  • red onion
  • black or kalamata olives
  • feta (I used sheep's milk feta)
  • parsley


Bake the pizza crust according to the package and let cool completely.


While the pizza cooks, cut your veggies into bit size pieces.


When pizza is cooled, smear a gracious amount of hummus on the crust.


Smooth evenly


Top with cucumber.  I used about half of a cucumber.  The pizza crust was pretty small.


tomatoes...


red onion...


olives...


feta and parsley.


Believe it or not...YOU'RE DONE!


Now it is time to dig in!


This is a great, no stress app if you are having company.  Adjust the veggies to your preference.  I love a lot of veggies, so I pile them on.  Other great options would be red pepper, artichokes, jalapenos...the possibilities are endless!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment