Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ice Cream Review: Good Karma Organic Rice Divine

My super sweet hubby came home last week with a present for me!  He knows how much I have been struggling with my new way of eating (no dairy, no wheat) and saw this hot little number on the Internet.  He hunted it down at Wegman's and brought it home to make me smile :)


It is both gluten and lactose free.  Let me tell you, that can be a hard combo to find.  It is easy to find one or the other, but to get both in the same package, that's a toughie.


A little confession about me...I'm a frozen yogurt junkie.  When I live by myself, I always had two different flavors of frozen yogurt on hand.  It was pathetic and wonderful all at the same time. 


I was, however, used to the nutrition of frozen yogurt 0-4 grams of fat, under 140 calories per serving.  This being said, the nutrition facts on the back of the container made my lips purse, but only for a second, I was too excited to eat ice cream again!


It has a nice, sweet taste and the cold aspect was there, but this, unfortunately, is where the comparison ended. 


It doesn't have the creaminess and smoothness of ice cream/frozen yogurt.  It has more of a gritty, ice crystal consistency.  It is like when you find your favorite flavor of ice cream in the back of the fridge and you open it up and it is filled with that protective layer of ice crystals, but you don't care because it is you favorite and you want to give it a try, but you are greatly disappointed when you realized that time...and freezer burn...ruined your treat.


I might be a bit biased since this is the first time I have tried non-milk ice cream, but I am going to keep my little fingers crossed that there is better out there! Keep posted for more ice cream reviews!

Have you ever tried a good dairy-free ice cream?!

P.S.  I still have the best husband in the world!  Even though it wasn't the best, his trying means more to me than anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment