Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Whip

Mike and I have a new tradition that I have become OBSESSED with!  Every Wednesday after Alphie's puppy class, Mike and I sneak off and have a date night.  Depending on how Alphie behaves in class, we either need to drink away our sorrows or have a celebratory drink!  And yes, she goes from one end of the spectrum to the other; there is no middle ground

This past Wednesday, we went to a small pub in Coatesville called The Whip.  It is an English pub in the middle of horse country!  Mike made sure to point out they had "Farm Wanted" and "Horse for Sale" ads hanging from the community board.


I knew that I was going to love this place when I saw Strongbow on the menu!  WAHOO!!


Picking something on the menu was tough!  Since I am not eating wheat and dairy right now, it limited my options, but our server was super helpful in helping me find what would be best.  She went to the kitchen twice to talk to the chef!  I settled on the roasted chicken with fresh veggies and quinoa, it was delish!


Mike, keeping true to form, ordered himself a feast!


He got mushy peas and coleslaw as sides.  I was really excited to try the mushy peas and I'm pleased to announce that I liked them!


Mike's main meal was the fish and chips.  Obviously, I had to try it and it was awesome!  It was the best fish and chips I have ever had.  I had MAJOR meal envy!  The fish was so light and flaky, it just melted in my mouth.  Pure heaven.


Mike was really happy with his whole experience.  He tried a couple different beers and was more than happy with his meal! (isn't he cute)


They only serve beer and cider.  You can bring your own wine, but there is a corking fee (bummer), which is probably the only down side.  We'll definitely go back and hopefully by then, I'll know what is upsetting my belly so I can try some of their other dishes!!









No comments:

Post a Comment