Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Getting Started

I am a girl that is a foodie to the core.  I have never been one to pass on anything that involves chocolate, bacon, cheese, grease, potatoes, bread...(you get the point).  Thus, why I have some pounds to lose (20 to be exact).  I know it seems as a pretty lofty goal considering the food lover I am but, I am determined to do it!  Unfortunately, I hate diets.  I feel that they are set up for disaster.  It is like each diet is embodied with TNT that goes off around week two.  The TNT is filled with the temptations like candy and chips! 

My diet plan is simple:  Lots of fruits, veggies and high protein.  But, each week I get an "indulgence" day.  This isn't only for my own sanity but, for my boyfriend as well!  Also, if I have a big bowl of peanut butter M&Ms staring me in the face I am going to eat one!  The thing I have to remind myself is to just have a taste...not the whole bowl. 

I know it sounds like so many other diets out there but, after talking to my one co-worker who was doing a VERY intense die,t I realized that they are impossible to maintain.  We talked about all the pitfalls in dieting and when I told her about my loose diet she decided to jump on board.  We coined the term "freestyle dieting".  We are hoping that these "freebies" that we allow ourselves will help us stay on track.

I started my "freestyle diet" on Monday, January 3rd (with everyone else in America).  So far, I have lost 5 pounds which I am VERY excited about!  15 more to go!

2 comments:

  1. I like it, Wahoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere :) I'll have to chat you up on this diet tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete